Open Position: Business Development Manager
2016 was a great year of growth! Our niche is growing and word is spreading about GABN's ability to help manage business communications outcomes. Therefore, we are seeking a very special person to help us scale, grow, and enable the same for many more businesses. 2017 will welcome some exciting new updates, as well as, new services! The sky is the limit for GABN and for this position's results!
For more than 20 years, GABN has been a provider of Managed Communications Solutions. We are passionate about using our talents to enable scale and growth for our client's businesses. We work as a team, and we work hard on being a team. At GABN, we employ individuals that embody our driven spirit for the client and for our teammates. If you are hardworking and willing to put those characteristics above all else, we invite you to apply at GABN.
Our customers depend on us every day and include many industries such as healthcare, financial network services, professional firms, manufacturing, leading commercial enterprises and critical government facilities. We are committed to providing a ‘Wow’ client experience and we continually invest in the next big technology to shape and transform our client's outcomes.
The primary objective of a Business Development Manager is to focus on finding, qualifying, and creating leads. A successful candidate will focus on new business opportunities, lead generation, and maintaining relationships with referral sources. A Business Development Manager must be cognizant of the dynamics within the market served and understand the client’s communications requirements. A Business Development Manager will instill in the client a clear understanding of GABN’s value proposition and offer services to meet the client’s needs.
- Identify and cultivate long-term business relationships with potential clients and referral sources.
- Develop and plan account strategies that provide the greatest opportunity to make sales.
- Write proposals, conduct presentations, and demonstrate Company systems and services.
- Generate sales that meet or exceed established goals.
- Maintain an ongoing sales journal that accurately summarizes the status of outstanding proposals.
- Participate in scheduled sales meetings.
- Amplify collective sales opportunities by introducing decision-makers and key client contacts to colleagues and managers.
- Identify, research, analyze, and communicate competitive sales strategies.
- Participate in key events to increase awareness of the Company’s brand and favorably position the Company to targeted clients within the community.
- Collaborate with the GABN Team and its partners to build relationships and close sales.
- Demonstrate courage, integrity, care, enthusiasm, initiative, teamwork, and professionalism.
- All other duties as assigned
- Minimum 5 years sales experience preferred
- Demonstrated outstanding sales skills to commercial clients at the executive level.
- Demonstrated track record of closing sales of complex systems or services with protracted sales cycles is a plus.
- Outstanding written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Experience with sales force automation systems such as Sugar is a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to work with little direct supervision.
- Excellent personal computer skills including a working knowledge of word processing, spread sheet, contract management, and e-mail programs.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to perform a physical survey of commercial premises such as an office or retail space
- Neat, professional appearance.
- Must be willing to participate in and pass the company’s pre-employment screening process including a background investigation, drug screening and driving record.
- Must continue to maintain a safe driving record and valid driver’s license to fulfill the travel requirements of this position.
- Must be able to meet client background and suitability screening when required to access client’s data and/or site.
- Competitive salary is commensurate with experience, plus commission, and insurance benefits.
- Additional Smiles from us if you:
- know how to create an engaging and caring environment for our clients
- are super at effective communication, a champion of organization, and you care to dig into client details
- have a passion for working with a team and engaging others to care and serve
- You'll be happy if you:
think defining "scope of work", maintaining "business continuity", and "developing S.M.A.R.T. goals" are part of the lesser known love languages
High Fives and Fist Bumps offered if you:
- can exhibit a well-executed Chicken Dance at weddings
This job advertisement is intended to convey information essential to understanding the scope of this role and it is not intended to be an exhaustive list of the duties, knowledge, skills, abilities or working conditions associated with the role.
To Apply: Email Resumes to email@example.com
Questions: Please call 706-823-2115