Acceptable Use Policy
All Georgia Business Net, Inc. (hereinafter “GABN”) subscribers are responsible for reviewing and complying with this Acceptable Use Policy. GABN subscribers who provide services to their own users must affirmatively and contractually pass on the restrictions of this Acceptable Use Policy to their users, and take steps to ensure compliance by their users with this Acceptable Use Policy including, without limitation, termination of users who violate this policy. For the purposes of this Policy, "Subscriber" shall be defined to include GABN's subscribers and also a subscriber’s users and account holders. This Policy is subject to change with notice by publication on this web site; Subscribers are responsible for monitoring this web site for changes. This Policy was last changed on January 23, 2017. GABN reserves the right to deny or terminate service to a Subscriber based upon the results of a security/abuse confirmation process used by GABN. Such confirmation process uses publicly available information to primarily examine Subscriber's history in relation to its prior or current use of services similar to those being provided by GABN and Subscriber's relationship with previous providers.
The actions described below are defined by GABN as "network abuse" and are strictly prohibited under this Policy. The examples named below are not exhaustive and are provided solely for guidance to Subscribers. If any Subscriber is unsure of whether a contemplated use or action is permitted, it is Subscriber's responsibility to determine whether the use is permitted by contacting GABN via electronic mail. The following activities are expressly prohibited, and GABN expressly reserves the right, at its discretion, to pursue any remedies that it believes are warranted which may include, but is not limited to, the issuance of written or verbal warnings, filtering, blocking, suspending, or terminating accounts, billing Subscriber for administrative costs and/or reactivation charges or bringing legal action to enjoin violations and/or to collect damages, if any, caused by Subscriber violations.
• Any access to other networks through GABN must comply with the rules appropriate for that other network.
• GABN will provide Internet access to the Subscriber and to the Subscriber only. Subscriber may not provide Internet access to any other entity or person through its connection with GABN. Any resale of this Internet access or web or email hosting or domain hosting by the Subscriber (except for Subscribers own use) or by any other entity using the Subscriber's Internet access or the GABN machines is strictly prohibited.
· • Voice Services may not be used in any manner that exceeds typical residential or small business calling activity. Services may not be used for telemarketing, fax blasting, predictive dialing, inbound or outbound call centers or other high volume applications.
Prohibited activities also include, but are not limited to, the following:
• · unauthorized use (or attempted unauthorized use) or sabotage of any computers, machines or networks;
• · attempting to interfere with or denying service to any user or host (e.g. denial of service attacks and/or DNS spoofing attacks);
• falsifying header information or user identification information;
• introduction of malicious programs into the network or Server (e.g. viruses, worms, Trojan horses, etc.);
• monitoring or scanning the networks of others without permission;
• attempted or successful security breaches or disruption of Internet communication including, but not limited to, accessing data of which Subscriber is not an intended recipient or logging into a Server or account that Subscriber is not expressly authorized to access;
• executing any form of network monitoring (e.g. packet sniffer) which will intercept data not intended for the Subscriber;
• attempting to circumvent Subscriber authentication or security of any host, network, or account ("cracking");
• hijacking of IP space;
• · using any program/script/command, or sending messages of any kind, designed to interfere with a third party customer terminal session, via any means, locally or via the Internet;
• sending unsolicited ("opt-out") bulk email;
• maintaining an open mail relay and/or an open proxy;
• collecting email addresses from the Internet for the purpose of sending unsolicited bulk email or to provide collected addresses to others for that purpose;
• transmitting or receiving, uploading, using or reusing material which is abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene or menacing, or in breach of copyright, confidence, privacy or similar third party rights;
• furnishing false or incorrect data on the signup form;or
• attempting to circumvent or alter the process or procedures to measure time, bandwidth utilization, or other methods to document "use" of GABN's products and services.
NO COPYRIGHT OR TRADEMARK INFRINGEMENT. Subscriber will not use, nor allow others to use, a Service to send or receive any information which infringes the patents, trademarks, copyrights, trade secrets or proprietary rights of any other person, entity or business organization. This includes, but is not limited to, digitization of music, movies, photographs or other copyrighted materials or software. GABN reserves the right to terminate a specific Service Order and access to the specific Service of repeat copyright infringers.